Our cross-disciplinary approach to CSR has generated recognition from various partners and other sources. Below is a partial list of our recent accomplishments. You can also download a full list here.
- We have now partnered with the International Institute for Sustainable Development (IISD) for a proof-of-concept project south of Lake Winnipeg, on the Netley-Libau Marsh. Along with several other partners, IISD is demonstrating the environmental and economic benefits of harvesting and processing cattail marsh plants, including the creation of carbon credits.
- BOMA BEST certification at Club Regent Casino (2009) and McPhillips Station Casino (2010) provides a framework for building environmental management, and demonstrates Manitoba Lotteries’ environmental commitment.
- Imagine Canada’s national Caring Company designation, earned for meeting a list of qualifications that measure the corporation’s commitment to community investment (2009-Present).
- Partnership Award – Tourism Manitoba Award received together with Eastside Aboriginal Sustainable Tourism, Manitoba Lotteries was recognized for their partnership behind the Aboriginal Artists Showcase Market and Fashion Show (2010).
- Top 100 Company in Manitoba by Manitoba Business Magazine (2008-Present).
- Progressive Aboriginal Relations Program: Gold Level Status Status awarded by the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (2008-Present). Manitoba Lotteries is the first Crown corporation in Canada to achieve the gold level. It is based on a commitment to sustainable Aboriginal relations.
- Distinguished Budget Award by Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) of the United States and Canada. This is the highest form of recognition in governmental budgeting a local government can receive (2005-2011).
- Top 100 Employer in Canada (2012).
- Manitoba Lotteries was named among Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for 2011, and was also named among Canada’s Best Employers for New Canadians in the same year.
- Top 25 Employer in Manitoba for six consecutive years (2007-2012).
- Excellence in Leadership Award – Health and Safety, from HRMAM (2011).
- Best Overall Award – North American Occupational Safety & Health Week (2010).
- Honourable Mention Award – North American Occupational Safety & Health Week (2008).